Xenith’s Managing Director Troy Turner was interviewed by The Australian newspaper.
The article attached was included in a 10 page special report.
The special report was focussed on the significant contribution the Australian coal industry is making in regional Australia, as well as State and Federal governments with taxes and royalties.
After 13 years of service Ross Haupt, founding Director and well renowned Mining Engineer in the resources industry has stepped down as an employee of Xenith to pursue the life of the semi-retired, which will undoubtedly include more family time, travelling and of course, fishing! (more…)
Xenith continues to assist our clients with Geological modelling and Resource estimates in accordance with JORC code
Recent work for Bowen Coking Coal and Whitehaven Coal:
Bowen Coking Coal
Highlights for the Isaac River project near Moranbah
- Maiden Resource estimate of 5.3Mt for the Leichhardt seam of which 4.2Mt is classified as Indicated, and 1.1 Mt as Inferred
- The entire Indicated Resource estimate is based on open cut assumptions
- Exploration target identified for the Leichhardt Lower, Vermont and Girrah seams
Highlights for the Winchester South project near Moranbah
- Following the receipt of all the data from the previous owners, Whitehaven Coal Limited engaged Xenith Consulting Pty Ltd to generate a Coal Resource Estimate in accordance with the JORC Code 2012, for the Winchester South Project.
- The project is contained within the tenement MDL 183, which is located approximately 30 kilometres south-east of Moranbah, near the main mining precinct of the Bowen Basin.
- Several drilling programmes have been conducted over the tenement (~1,250 holes) by the previous owners over a period from the early 1980’s until 2014. The drilling was supported by several 2D seismic lines (~60 kilometres), and extensive coal quality testing providing sufficient data for a robust geological model of the deposit.
- The modelled seams are in the Rangal and Fort Cooper Coal Measures which sit stratigraphically above the Moranbah Coal Measures within the Bowen Basin. Three seams have been modelled and then estimated for the JORC Resources – Leichhardt, Vermont Upper and Vermont Middle/Lower.
- Coal Resources now total 530Mt, comprising 130Mt in the Measured Category, 300Mt in the Indicated Category and 100Mt in the Inferred Category.
In February, Xenith was named the 2018 Australia’s Mining Monthly Mining Consultant of the Year. This was thanks to the substantial efforts of our Hunter Valley Manager, David Lennard. The judging panel cited that it was David’s commitment to not only work as a consultant but to provide training and mentoring to clients and colleagues that stood out.
On 15 May, Rebecca Jackson, Principal Geologist (Singleton Office) was presented with this award at the Future of Mining conference in Sydney by Nathan Wayne, Sales Director – Aspermont Media.
As we have done in previous years, Xenith again entered a team in the Corporate Games in the Soccer 6’s Men 30+. On the last Sunday in April, we played a number of 30 minute pool games to achieve a ranking. After this our team were ranked 3rd and advanced to the Elimination Tournament to play the 6th team. A winning performance meant the team then had to play the team ranked in second. We also won this games so progressed to the Final. The two finalists were evenly matched and after an exhausting game, the full time score was still Nil all (0-0). The game went to a penalty shootout and unfortunately that’s where we lost 3-2. All our players put in a big effort but on the day, after five games in quick succession it just wasn’t quite enough but we are very proud of the teams effort.
Queensland Government to introduce new Financial Assurance framework and progressive rehabilitation requirements – are you ready?
In February 2018, following various reviews and extensive consultation, the Queensland Government introduced the Minerals and Energy Resources (Financial Provisioning) Bill 2018. The Bill provides for significant changes to the financial assurances framework and amendment to the Environmental Protection Act (EP Act) to implement rehabilitation reforms including progressive rehabilitation and closure plans. Recent cases of resource companies unable to complete their rehabilitation activities have highlighted to the Government issues with the financial assurance framework.
Xenith Named 2018 Australia’s Mining Monthly Mining Consultant of the Year
Xenith has been named 2018 Mining Consultant of the Year thanks to the efforts of their Hunter Valley Office Manager, David Lennard. The judging panel cited that it was David’s efforts to not only work as a consultant but to also provide training and mentoring to clients and colleagues that stood out.
Xenith’s Managing Director, Ken Hill has said “Xenith are pleased to have won this award, the recognition of Xenith’s ability to work with our clients and partners to generate successful outcomes is hugely rewarding. We thank Dave for his significant contributions to building the Xenith brand and delivering value to our clients”.
Through David’s leadership, Xenith have been delivering outstanding value to clients including Yancoal, Glencore, Batchfire and Bengalla Mining Company. David has repeatedly demonstrated his ability to significantly increase the value of client projects over his years in the industry.
A Safer – Quicker – Cost Effective Solution to your site requirements.
Xenith’s experienced and highly motivated UAV pilots are using advanced technology and software to capture survey-accurate data and images for your site requirements. The team is CASA certified and operate under our ReOC (Remote Pilot Operators Certificate) utilising the latest PPK (Post Processing Kinetics) to achieve survey-level accuracy across mine sites, exploration areas, quarries and stockpiles.
Xenith is pleased to be assisting Bowen Coking Coal with their current exploration program at Blackwater.
Xenith are providing exploration management, field geology and SSE services with the work expected to wrapped up before Christmas.
Congratulations Simon Bruzzone from Queensland Coal Investments (QCI), for first place in this year’s NRL tipping competition. Simon finished the season on a total of 168 points followed by Xenith’s own Tim Mayes on 164 and Josh Hill (HHNA) on 160.
Thank you to all of our clients and colleagues who joined us in this year’s competition. We look forward to some more banter in 2018!
5 September 2017
ASX Announcement Further Extension to Blair Athol Mine Life
TerraCom Limited (TerraCom or the Company) (ASX:TER) is pleased to announce a further upgrade to the Blair Athol Mine JORC Reserve and Resources. Independent experts Xenith Consulting Pty Ltd (Xenith) and TerraCom have conducted further work since the last announcement in November 2016 and has been able to upgrade the total Blair Athol Mine JORC Reserves to 15.6mt and increase the JORC Measured Resource to 21.9mt. The coal reserves and resources have been estimated in accordance with the standards outlined in the JORC code (JORC, 2012) and the Coal Guidelines 2014.
Xenith was pleased to assist Stanmore with further technical studies resulting in updated JORC estimates for their Isaac Plains mine during July and August
Stanmore announces Updated JORC Resource for Isaac Plains Complex
- Total JORC Resource has increased from 76.9Mt to 79.2Mt with a significant level (70%) as Measured and Indicated ResourcE
- Total Resource includes the open cut and underground JORC Resource for the Isaac Plains mine (48.5Mt) and Isaac Plains East Project (30.7Mt)
Stanmore announces JORC Reserve Increase for Isaac Plains Complex
- Total JORC ROM Reserve has increased by 8% from 15.2Mt to 16.4Mt
- Open-cut mine life has increased to provide a mine life to 2029 that include the Isaac Plains East Project area and additional strips at Isaac Plains
- Strip ratio at Isaac Plains East Project is significantly lower for the first 3 years than current open-cut operations at Isaac Plains
- Additional coal quality drilling at Isaac Plains East Project displays improved coal rank and yield for semi-soft coking product relative to Isaac Plains