Xenith is pleased to announce that Bruce Wright commenced in the role of Lead Mining Engineer, based in the Brisbane office, in early December.
Bruce is a career mining professional with over 30 years of experience as a business executive, mine manager, mining engineer and mining consultant. He is experienced at developing surface and underground mining projects from the exploration stage through the planning and approval stage to construction mobilisation and mine production. Bruce has senior management experience as Company Director, General Manager and Opencut Mine Manager and Project Manager in QLD and NSW.
Bruce has consulted on projects in coal, gold, manganese, nickel, iron ore, bauxite, silver-lead, copper, rare earths and uranium projects.
In addition, Bruce has undertaken mining projects in QLD, NSW, NT, SA, WA, New Zealand, Ghana, New Caledonia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Bruce’s recognised skills include:
- mining operations management with SSE, MEM -Surface & Underground Coal QLD & NSW qualifications
- management of feasibility studies
- mining project and contract management
- due diligence of mining acquisitions
- JORC Competent Person for Mining Reserves and VALMIN Practitioner
- mine planning, design scheduling and development
- mining economic evaluations
- mining and blast engineering
- mining equipment selection
- continuous improvement strategies
- mining risk and safety management
- SMS development – safety inductions,
- training course development and delivery.
Xenith Group Managing Director Troy Turner commented, “I am delighted that we have been able to attract Bruce to join the Xenith team. With his decades of experience across both coal and metals mining, and his in-depth knowledge of mining operations he will be able to provide extreme value to our expanding client base, and I know he will be a great trainer and mentor for our younger resource industry professionals in our 4 offices”.