Structured Training & Problem Solving for Mining Professionals
Xenith Consulting is excited to provide a new service offering from our Singleton office allowing mining professionals to engage directly with our team of experienced mining engineers and geologists for personalised training, site support and specific project assistance. Click the link to view further details on this training: Xenith Technical Services Solutions
Xenith were pleased to assist MACH Energy with the mining component of the Mt Pleasant Optimisation Project EIS. The Mt Pleasant mine is located near the town of Muswellbrook in NSW, and this job was managed out of Xenith’s nearby Hunter Valley office. (more…)
For the first time since our tipping competition started in 2014, Xenith employees have taken out the top 3 positions in 2020.
Congratulations to Aaron Steinert, Principal Geologist for his win in this year’s NRL tipping competition, which included over 50 clients and employees. Even though the competition was suspended after Round 2 in March due to COVID, there were still 24 rounds of tipping to play.
Xenith was pleased to assist KGL Resources with their Ore Reserve Statement for the Jervois Copper Project located in the Northern Territory. This estimate was undertaken by Iain Ross as Competent Person, who is one of our Principal Mining Engineers based in our Brisbane office. (more…)
Xenith is pleased to announce that Andrew Knuckey has agreed to join our team in the key role of Manager Advisory.
Andrew will bring his highly accomplished set of skills and experience across operational management, finance and corporate advisory to Xenith, and will assist us to deliver our strategic plans over the next few years.
Andrew is a recognised resource industry expert and top ranked resource sector financial analyst by leading Australian Institutional Investors. (more…)
The board of Xenith is pleased to announce that Mark Gregory has officially joined as a Non-Executive Director.
Mark will bring new set of skills to Xenith, and will further assist us to deliver our strategic plans.
Mark has a Bachelor of Business (accounting) and is accredited CPA.
Mark has had a wide ranging career in Mining, Mining Services, Property and Media businesses at CEO and Director levels, within both publicly listed and private corporate environments.
We welcome Mark to the Xenith team.
The township of Moranbah in Queensland’s Central Highlands is now 50 years old.
19 November 2019
It is half a century since the initial Moranbah township feasibility study commenced so Moranbah has reached a major milestone. The following extract from the Moranbah Township Feasibility Study of October 1969 provides a brief insight into Moranbah’s humble beginnings as a ‘frontier town’.
Xenith was pleased to assist Bounty Mining with their Life of Mine Planning and JORC Resource and Reserve estimates for the Cook Mine.
With these studies completed in July 2019, Bounty have been able to plan for an increase in production rate using the Place Change Bord and Pillar mining method. (more…)
Xenith’s Managing Director Troy Turner was interviewed by The Australian newspaper.
The article attached was included in a 10 page special report.
The special report was focussed on the significant contribution the Australian coal industry is making in regional Australia, as well as State and Federal governments with taxes and royalties.
After 13 years of service Ross Haupt, founding Director and well renowned Mining Engineer in the resources industry has stepped down as an employee of Xenith to pursue the life of the semi-retired, which will undoubtedly include more family time, travelling and of course, fishing! (more…)
Xenith continues to assist our clients with Geological modelling and Resource estimates in accordance with JORC code
Recent work for Bowen Coking Coal and Whitehaven Coal:
Bowen Coking Coal
Highlights for the Isaac River project near Moranbah
- Maiden Resource estimate of 5.3Mt for the Leichhardt seam of which 4.2Mt is classified as Indicated, and 1.1 Mt as Inferred
- The entire Indicated Resource estimate is based on open cut assumptions
- Exploration target identified for the Leichhardt Lower, Vermont and Girrah seams
Highlights for the Winchester South project near Moranbah
- Following the receipt of all the data from the previous owners, Whitehaven Coal Limited engaged Xenith Consulting Pty Ltd to generate a Coal Resource Estimate in accordance with the JORC Code 2012, for the Winchester South Project.
- The project is contained within the tenement MDL 183, which is located approximately 30 kilometres south-east of Moranbah, near the main mining precinct of the Bowen Basin.
- Several drilling programmes have been conducted over the tenement (~1,250 holes) by the previous owners over a period from the early 1980’s until 2014. The drilling was supported by several 2D seismic lines (~60 kilometres), and extensive coal quality testing providing sufficient data for a robust geological model of the deposit.
- The modelled seams are in the Rangal and Fort Cooper Coal Measures which sit stratigraphically above the Moranbah Coal Measures within the Bowen Basin. Three seams have been modelled and then estimated for the JORC Resources – Leichhardt, Vermont Upper and Vermont Middle/Lower.
- Coal Resources now total 530Mt, comprising 130Mt in the Measured Category, 300Mt in the Indicated Category and 100Mt in the Inferred Category.
Queensland Government to introduce new Financial Assurance framework and progressive rehabilitation requirements – are you ready?
In February 2018, following various reviews and extensive consultation, the Queensland Government introduced the Minerals and Energy Resources (Financial Provisioning) Bill 2018. The Bill provides for significant changes to the financial assurances framework and amendment to the Environmental Protection Act (EP Act) to implement rehabilitation reforms including progressive rehabilitation and closure plans. Recent cases of resource companies unable to complete their rehabilitation activities have highlighted to the Government issues with the financial assurance framework.