The complexity of industry’s ESG challenges cannot be underestimated. Our clients now require outcomes beyond compliance and beyond limited assurance.
Our future-facing and international vision, coupled with our core earth science and engineering expertise, ensures data quality enhancement for our clients, allowing decisions and investments to be based on reliable information.
Xenith’s technical team and specialist associates have extensive experience in delivering risk mitigation through Carbon Project Design, Reporting and Strategies across the following market sectors:
- Oil and Gas – LNG
- Waste Management
Our team delivers the following core solutions within our ESG Project Scopes:
- Projects Strategies – Scenarios, Financial Modelling and Cost Reviews
- Decarbonisation projects
- Methane flaring and / or electricity generation concepts
- Carbon Credit projects for open-cut and underground mining
- Energy efficiency projects
- Fuel Switch options (eg from Fossil Fuel to Biomass)
- Nature Based Solutions (Soil Carbon, Carbon Farming, Biomass, Biofuel, Biochar)
- New Technology deployment (Storage, Lighting, Hydrogen)
- Renewables (Wind, Hydro, Solar, Co-Generation)
- MRV (Monitoring, Reporting and Verification)
- Environmental Compliance and Impact Assessments
- Rehabilitation improvement and alternatives.
Xenith Consulting was engaged to undertake a Fugitive Emissions Estimate and a Concept Study to identify solutions to reduce Scope 1 emissions for one of the largest open-cut mining operations in Australia.
The study was undertaken by a multidisciplinary team comprising Gas Specialists, Geologists, Mining Engineers and Business Analysts. The study complied with NGER’s (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting) requirements and included geological modelling of 11 gas boreholes.
Coal Seam Gas onsite power and other Flaring options were designed and were cost modelled. Scenarios with various gas drainage drill hole spacing and seam gas utilization (flaring, transportation, power generation) were modelled to allow a reduction of the open-cut mine Scope 1 emissions.
As part of their decarbonization strategy, a data check process was undertaken to ensure accurate and reliable data is available to the client for their investment decisions.